Use these to look around!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FlyLady Update, Day 27

As my adventures with the Flylady's 31 baby steps nears it's end, I am excited to move on, after the babysteps, there is Zones, and other stuff.

One key thing that is emphasized A LOT is that it didn't get dirty in a day, and it won't get clean in one either.  Since the last update, I have included a few things into the routine, such as laundry, and an afternoon routine.

As far as laundry, I do one load a day as she instructs.  I have a set schedule that helps me make sure everything gets done.  It goes a little like this:

Monday - Sheets, separate laundry
Tuesday - Whites
Wednesday - Light colors
Thursday - Dark colors
Friday - Towels (Kitchen and Bath)

It seems like a lot of organization but it helps me stay on track... I wake up, make my bed, swish and swipe and then grab the appropriate basket.  On days when I don't have enough to justify doing it, I skip it.  Knowing that I will have to wait a week to wear whatever is in there at the time.  I have hand washed a few things that I knew I would want.  It is all working out well so far.

I am about halfway through the book I mentioned last update.  It is AMAZING you all should check it out.  When we get into zones, it is suggested that instead of a thorough cleaning the current zone everyday, you lightly clean it one or two days and declutter it for about 15 minutes a day until you are satisfied the zone is decluttered enough.  I plan to use the books advice then.  Now that I am pretty solid in the routines.  After you declutter, you spend about 15 minutes a day cleaning the zone we are in.  I will talk more about it when we get there.

I have been taking pictures of my "clutter" corners so when they are declutteres I can put up before and afters.  Exciting huh?  It is to me : )

Until next time, please check out The FLYlady's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment