Use these to look around!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Flylady Update Day 6

So... today is my 6th day doing the flyLady baby steps and I must say, the cleanliness spreads like an infection.  A glorious infection I hope has no cure.

So far I have kept my kitchen and, bathroom and entrance clean.

I have cleared off 3 places that were over run with paper and crap.  I have been making my bed, and getting dressed, and organizing.

Most importantly, in this sixth day I am happy to say I can feel my home getting lighter as I toss out things I no longer need or use.  I can see that this system helps in a lot of ways.  It helps you take a breath and realize that it didn't get dirty in a day, it won't be clean in a day.

The system of establishing routines, also gets you out of the cycle I found myself  in, which was...

Going on a spree and cleaning everything in sight in a wild weekend where I never came up for air.  Then, justifying not cleaning again until the house was so horribly dirty I would break down in tears and have to will myself to do it all over.

Most importantly, I admit, that I have some hoarding tendencies.  I don't like to throw stuff away, but this makes the aura of the home so heavy and weighed down.  Now that I am de-cluttering using the flyLady system I must say that I am looking into donating most of my books to the library, or to goodwill, and tossing all my old cds and anything I dont "love".

I can see that the junk is not necessary and that a clean, light home feels amazing.

Please consider trying at least the first 31 baby steps.  All you have to lose is 31 days, 15 minutes a day tops.  You will see the value of the program within days, I know it.

Click Here to Check it Out

So tomorrow is day 7 and I will be adding one thing to my routines.  That's it, one thing at a time.  I love it.  It isn't all perfect, and I will post on the downfalls, sometime, but it is making me take pride in my home, and the clean is spreading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment